January 27, 2022. Helping Hand Global Forum for Israel and the Hazit HaKavod organized international online conference dedicated to the International Day of the Holocaust.
This event was attended by over 100 participants, including members of Knesset members, leaders of international and Israeli public organizations, Helping Hand Coalition Global Forum members – leaders of Israeli organizations representing over 20,000 Holocaust survivors and WWII Veterans, as well as historians, and many other invited guests. The moderators of the event were Dr. Andrzej Gasiorowski and Dr. Alexander Berman.
The speakers at the conference (in order of appearance):
- Dr. Alexander Berman, President of the Front for Dignity Movement (Hazit HaKavod)
- Dr. Andre Gasiorowski, President of the Global Forum “Helping Hand to Israel”
- Colette Avital, Chairperson of the Holocaust Survivors Organization Center (Merkaz Irgunim)
- Shlomo Gur, Vice President of the Claims Conference (Israel)
- Tatyana Mazarskaya, Knesset Member
- Elina Bardach-Yalova, Knesset Member, Chairman of the Knesset Subcommittee on Pensioner’s Issues
- Harald Eckert, Chairman of Christians for Israel (Germany) (video greetings)
- Yigal Yasinov, Jewish National Fund (Keren Kaemet LeIsrael) KKL
- Leon Litinetsky, Chairman of the Israel branch of the World Jewish Congress
- Abraham Grinzaid, Chairman of the Israeli Union of War Veterans and Fighters Against Nazism
- Dr. Avrum Sharnopolsky, Chairman of the Front for Dignity Movement (Hazit HaKavod)
- Gita Koifman, Chairman of the Association of Concentration Camps and Ghetto Survivors
- David Levin, Chairman of the Israeli Association of Immigrants from Ukraine
- Elie Valk, Chairman of the Association of Holocaust Survivors from Estonia and Latvia
- Vadim Dubson, historian
- Sarah Matthias, leader of Holocaust Survivors Jerusalem group
- Yakov Lieberman, Chairman of the Jerusalem Association of Holocaust Survivors
- Elena Zaslavskaya, Deputy Mayor of Or Akiva
- Alla Omelchenko, Chairman of Mahase Foundation
- Aharon Molotkovsky, Chairman of Amutat Zikharon – organization of Holocaust survivors from the city of Ashdod
- Dr. Leonid Dinevich, Chairman of the Forum of Repatriate Scientists
- Dr. David Zelvensky, Chairman of the “Energy of Courage” Foundation (Museum of Military Glory of Red Army Soldiers)
- Mila Fleitman, Chairman of the “Holocaust Victims for the Future” foundation, Netanya.
- Vadim Freindlik, leader of a youth organization helping veterans of the war and Holocaust survivors.
International Organizations (in alphabetical order):
- Alexander Sitniakovsky, Representative of the Russian Union of Travel Industry in Israel
- Alexander Shapiro Sulinman, General Secretary of IAWN (International Alliance of World Nations)
- Sheikh Kasem Bader, President of the UPC (World Peace Council for Human Rights and Interfaith Dialogue)
- Luke Gasiorowski, President of Helping Hand Coalition
- Larisa Stedler, President of ICWN (International Congress of World Nations)
- Rachel Shapiro, Vice President IAWN (International Alliance of World Nations)
- Rita Tager, Head of the Knesset Lobby “Strengthening and Supporting Poor Populations”
Leadership of Israeli regional organizations, each representing between several hundreds up to thousands of Holocaust survivors and WWII Veterans, members of Helping Hand Coalition Global Forum (in alphabetical order):
- Boris Dashevski, Director of Children of Holocaust on Beit Shemesh
- Evgenia Kofin, Director of Holocaust Survivors organization in Rishon LeZion
- Evgenij Kuzniecov, Regional Director of Association of Immigrants from Belarus in Netanya
- Iliya Petrushevskiy, Director of Holocaust Survivors organization in Rehovot
- Leonid Piszczanski, Director of Holocaust Survivors organization in Maalot
- Margarita Pugachewskaya, Director of Holocaust Survivors organization in Haifa
- Michail Zarfis, Regional Director of Association of Concentration Camps and Ghetto Survivors in Beer Sheva
- Mila Kornish, Director of Holocaust Survivors organization in Netanya
- Roman Tabacznikov, Director of Holocaust Survivors organization in Migdal HaEmek
- Sima Fiedosova, Director of Holocaust Survivors organization in Hadera
- Sonia Klimentieva, Regional Director of Israeli Union of War Veterans and Fighters Against Nazism in Ashdod
- Vladimir Listengarten, Faina Kustanovich, Director of Children of Holocaust Foundation in Ashdod
Helping Hand Coalition team members, supporters, coordinators, or activists (in alphabetical order):
- Bozena Gasiorowski
- Boris Sobolev
- Max BB
- Nikita Ben Ami
- Leslie Jimenez
- Petra Henning
and many many other distinguished participants from Israel and overseas.
Video greetings from Harald Eckert – Chairman of Christians for Israel (Germany), Board Member of Helping Hand Coalition, International Board Member of Helping Hand Global Form.
Dear Holocaust survivors. Dear excellencies and honoraries. Ladies and gentlemen, dear friends. My name is Harald Eckert. I’m here in Berlin, Germany. I’m a leader of Christians for Israel in Germany. We have been working together with Helping Hand Coalition for so many years, almost since the foundation of Helping Hand Coalition. It’s been a privilege and honor to work together.
I’m here now in Berlin on behalf of the commemoration day tomorrow. I’m here in front of a synagogue where we have a commemoration event tomorrow night. It’s special for me that this event of commemoration is happening in Israel at your place as well as in Berlin at our place. We are connected by history. We, from a German point of view are connected by a sense of grief, of shame and of responsibility but also honored by so many of you having friendship with you, having behind us a way of cooperation, reconciliation and partnership for a better world.
So congratulations for your event. We are joined one heart and one mind to work together for friendship, reconciliation and a better future. Greetings from Berlin.